Using Visual Composer – the world’s no.1 page builder
The WordPress Advanced course expands on WordPress Bootcamp to cover the technical side of WordPress, essential for anyone who wants to build their site from scratch. You’ll learn important settings you need to get right at the beginning and discover how to transform your website by using themes. Throughout the course we show you how to avoid common mistakes, how to choose the best plugins to speed up your website, how to comply with the latest online standards and safely manage WordPress updates.
Choose this course if:
- You’ve completed Bootcamp and want to go further.
- You already know your way around WordPress editing and managing but your technical knowledge is rusty.
- You know WordPress well but want to discover the plugins and themes design agencies use every day.
What you’ll get:
- A half day of intensive, hands-on training.
- Access to your own training website for 6 months.
- Access to detailed course guide materials covering everything you learnt on the day and further reading and industry insider resources.
The technical setup
- The best way to host your WordPress website.
- Where to download, and the technical setup.
- The dashboard and multiple WordPress settings.
- How to avoid common pitfalls and set up WordPress using Voice Group’s proven approach.
How to transform your WordPress website with themes
- Learn what themes are and how you can use them to create a professional looking website.
- Discover how to install your theme in minutes.
- Get inside information: discover where to find the best themes, and learn the tell-tale red flags of themes to avoid. Profit from our experience and use the themes we use every day for clients all over the world!
Give them a voice
- How to moderate visitor comments on your website
Edit and expand your site easily with Visual Composer
- Enrich your site with video, galleries and tabs.
- Deliver your content professionally on mobile and desktop alike.
- Optimize your website’s content for the modern world of multiple devices.
- Gain insider marketing secrets from one of Cornwall & Devon’s leading creative agencies.
Power up WordPress with the right plugins
Inside information: learn from our commercial experience – discover the 10 popular plugins we use every day.
WordPress and the Law
Comply with the latest privacy legislation and improve accessibility standards with minimum fuss..
Staying up to date
Keeping up to date with WordPress’s latest releases is essential for security. But do it wrong and you could break your site. We show you step-by-step how to update safely.