Learn WordPress in a day
This intensive course covers all aspects of WordPress from its core setup to managing and moderating the content to then expanding its features using themes to achieve the most from this versatile content management system. Gain insider copywriting, design and marketing knowledge from one of Cornwall & Devon’s leading creative agencies. Discover the best plugins to speed up your website, how to comply with the latest online standards, and the secrets of creating content that builds traffic and keeps your customers coming back for more.
Choose this course if:
- You want to build your own WordPress site from scratch.
- You run a small business and want an affordable solution online.
- You want your marketing team to learn in-depth WordPress techniques.
- You’ve already attended WordPress Bootcamp and want to take your website to the next level. 50% discount applies!
- You’re a recent marketing or business grad – this course will teach you how to set up your site from scratch, then edit and maintain it using the very latest WordPress techniques. Great for your CV.
What you’ll get:
- A full day’s training from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Your own training site that you and your staff can practice on for 6 months after the course.
- Detailed course guide materials covering everything you learnt plus comprehensive resources for further learning.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & cakes from our own bakery!
Introduction to WordPress
- What is WordPress?
- Learn why it’s now the world’s most popular Content Management System.
- Why you should use WordPress to power your website.
The Technical Setup
- Get to grips with the dashboard and multiple WordPress settings.
- How to avoid common technical pitfalls and set up WordPress using Voice Group’s proven approach.
- Easily manage content in WordPress.
- Add links the right way.
- How to insert and embed images, PDFs and video.
- How to publish new pages and posts.
- The importance of adding tags and categories to your content.
- Help your customers find the right content: creating an intuitive navigation using menus.
- Learn about widgets, and discover the simple techniques that turn your website footer into a lead generator.
- Allow and moderate visitor comments on your website.
Edit and create easily with Visual Composer
- Build complex beautiful page layouts in minutes.
- Deliver your content professionally on mobile and desktop alike.
- Discover a simple drag and drop environment – no programming required.
Grow your audience using WordPress
- Gain insider marketing secrets from one of Cornwall & Devon’s leading creative agencies.
- Follow our proven method of structuring your website so that it showcases your business in the best possible light.
- Optimize your website’s content for the modern world of multiple devices.
- Get your website ready for search engines with the simple steps everyone should know (but few do).
- Discover best practice techniques for social sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Simple steps to easily comply with the latest privacy legislation.
Power up WordPress with the right plugins
- Introduction to plugins.
- How to install a plugin and the simple method we use to choose the right ones and avoid the duds.
- Inside information: learn from our commercial experience – discover the 10 popular plugins we use every day.
Transform your WordPress website with themes
- Learn what themes are and how you can use them to create a professional looking website.
- How to install your theme in minutes.
- Inside information: discover where to get the best themes, and learn the tell-tale red flags of themes to avoid. Profit from our experience and use the themes we use every day for clients all over the world!